Announcing #Emerging Proud’s latest venture; Kinda Proud Book Series
#Emerging Proud through adversity; Stories of Hope and Transformation
With huge thanks to ongoing kind support from the Missing Kind Charity, I am excited to announce that I will be facilitating and empowering a growing network of #Emerging Proud Peer Reps to create a series of ‘Pocket Books of Hope and Kindness’ for people experiencing different themes of mental distress…
We plan to create books on specific themes under the umbrella of the anti- stigma social movement ‘#Emerging Proud’ such as:
- #Emerging Proud through Depression
- #Emerging Proud through Psychosis
- #Emerging Proud through Bi- Polar Disorder
- #Emerging Proud through Abuse
- #Emerging Proud through Bullying
- #Emerging Proud through an Eating Disorder
- #Emerging Proud through Schizophrenia
- #Emerging Proud through Suicidality
- #Emerging Proud through Spiritual Emergence
We’d LOVE to know which books would be the most popular with our community – YOU! and focus on them in priority order of your requests;
Each book will have an #EP Peer Coordinator to help advise and ensure that the books are as collaborative as possible. These ‘pocket books of HOPE’ will contain personal recovery stories, poems and artwork of Peers who have experienced the specific theme of each book and ’emerged transformed’ to give hope to others who may still be suffering.
Each book will also contain a resource guide pertaining to that specific issue, with helplines, links and self- help tips.
What are the main aims and objectives of the Kinda Proud book series?
- To relieve people of the distress associated with transformational crises by offering authentic examples of personal stories and resources to engender hope and initiate recovery.
- To provide opportunities for volunteers to join a virtual community and work in collaboration with other #EP Peer Reps to create books of empowerment.
- To decrease stigma, improve wellbeing and influence the saving of lives through providing a more compassionate and positive conceptual framework for emotional distress.
Stay tuned here for opportunities on how you can get involved, and to keep updated on the latest developments!
Just imagine; 100 years from now our future generations could be looking back at our collective journey on the making of the empowering #Emerging Proud book collection…