I am delighted to bring you some VERY exciting #EmergingProud news, and a unique opportunity…
Please read to the end if you are interested in applying to take part in The Emerging Kind project, and follow the guidelines to express your interest, thank you ❤
July 2017 news
As you may know, Mick, Jeannet and I were planning to set up #EP as a not-for-profit company, but the registration for #EP CIC was refused (for a very minor reason), so we took this as a sign that it may not be the right approach…
Since then I’ve had some very successful meetings with a UK based charity, The Missing Kind, (tMK) whose Vision, Values and ethos are very aligned with EP – they have now agreed to act as the official benefactor to seed fund an #EP project to operate under the umbrella of their full charitable status, plus ring-fence any extra funds raised through donations for our joint project; The Emerging Kind, offering transparency and sustainability. This frees me up to start action, rather than getting bogged down in the time- consuming work of developing an autonomous not- for-profit org. I am overjoyed about that!!
Synopsis; how tMK and the #EmergingProud campaign align
Since my own breakdown and awakening in 2012, I have been working to support ‘The Missing Kind’ in society; people alienated and often marginalized, and even pathologised, due to feeling like they don’t fit into the world as it is today; disconnected and overly technocratic. In Oct 2016 the social campaign was launched encouraging these people to ‘Emerge Proud’, to share their personal stories and passion for creating the new paradigm; a world based on compassion, re-connection and celebration of the unique gifts everyone has to offer. These individuals are now connecting all over the world; they are ‘The Emerging Kind’…people who have experienced a spiritual awakening which has inspired them to give back; waking up makes us more conscious of our impact on each other and on the planet. tMK has the unique opportunity to facilitate The Emerging Kind project; growing the global network of awakened Peers to create safe space local groups and empowering each other to act on their individual passions and share their unique gifts to create a more connected and compassionate world.
Together we really can create the change we wish to see in the world!
Predicted outcomes for tEK project: social impact (aligned with the Objects of tMK)
- Advancement of health / the saving of lives: Research into what is most important for people experiencing this awakening process and preventing associated distress, (including possible suicide), says that the most important interventions are reducing isolation and providing validation of personal experience; tEK will provide this to approx. 200 people in the UK in the first half of the project, and eventually approx 400 people internationally over the first year (average 10 people per tEK Peer Support Group)
- Empowering individuals to make a difference to people, planet and animals: Facilitating the development of compassionate, self- sufficient local support groups, spreading kindness and skill- sharing and seeding their own kindness projects in line with their unique passions
- Increasing inclusivity and connectivity: Through introducing ‘The Emerging Kind’ to each other, in their geographical locations, to mobilise in- person connections irrespective of class, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, or anything else that can lead to separation.
- Education and Training: To develop awareness- raising opportunities, educate and train Peers who are then able to hold space for others going through transformational crisis experiences.
The Emerging Kind Project (tEK) proposal Summary
To provide certified Peer Facilitator training run by Elizabeth Sabet with ACISTE, to 40 Peers who identify as ‘The Emerging Kind’ (tEK) at an international level over a year to raise awareness and provide support, connection and empowerment to others who identify as ‘The Missing Kind’. This will be achieved through organizing a local Emerging Proud film screening with each trained Peer with a view to them initiating their own KindaKafe (KK) Peer support groups in their local area. The first stage over the next 6 months will train 20 Peers in the UK, and initiate a Crowdfunding campaign to roll the project out internationally until July 2018, when the social impact will be reported.
This proposed project will operate under and in-line with the umbrella charity of tMK, but would maintain autonomy of management and development, with regular activity reporting and financial transparency.
tMK run a project called ‘KindaKafes’ – a ‘pay-it-forwards’ with kindness type enterprise. ‘The Emerging Kind’ (tEK), will aim to increase the number of KK’s globally by the local peer groups adopting that model; this can be as small as sharing tea in someone’s lounge on a regular basis, to opening a local coffee shop for a community activity hub.
Might you be interested? Read on for the project details and how to express your interest;
- 40 Peers will be offered the opportunity to be funded to undertake ACISTE’s Peer facilitator training over a year in 2 stages; phase 1 will be 20 UK based Peers, then phase 2; 20 further international Peers
- Following training, each Peer will then be supported to organise a free #EP film screening in their local area in order to attract groups of people who resonate with the message
- The Peer facilitators will identify people who would like to be part of ongoing Peer support groups and initiate that, with the longer- term aim to become a mini ‘KindaKafe’ in their local area
- The list of ACISTE trained facilitators will be listed on the ACISTE website, plus the local groups on http://aworldawake.org,this website will have a dedicated ‘The Emerging Kind’ project page, as will The Missing Kind charity website.
- This opportunity will also enable the story- sharing blog and interviews to continue, with a view to further live events and possibly even another book and film!
- The first 6 months of this project will be funded by tMK, and I will be running a Crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for the remaining 6 months; any donations made from now on will go via tMK charity and be ring- fenced for The Emerging Kind. This amazing opportunity to fundraise via an established charity means that Emerging Proud can also focus on longer- term aims; such a blessing!
- Our main longer – term shared aim is having a mobile safe space welfare van that travels to offer awareness raising and crisis support at festivals and remote locations, where people find it difficult to access support – more on that in due course!
- The EmergingProud Facebook group will no longer be a space for open discussion, but only to share news of developments. Please Sign up to follow the blog in the right column here: https://emergingproud.com to ensure you receive the latest updates; there will be many!
Expectations of you if you would like to take part in The Emerging Kind project:
- Identify as a Peer having been through a crisis and emerged transformed
- Be integrated enough in your own experience to be able to hold space for a group where there may be difficult emotions triggered
- Be motivated to create change for a more kind and compassionate world
- Undergo a 12 session training course in Peer Facilitation with Elizabeth Sabet.
- Commit to take part in regular liaison with myself to report progress and organize a community screening of the #EP film
- Conduct your group under the ethical guidelines of the ACISTE training
- Commit to regular supervision sessions with Elizabeth of ACISTE
- Commit to setting up a self- sufficient regular Peer support group post- training in your local area, with the aim of becoming a KindaKafe
- Take part in an evaluation at the end of the project and be willing to share your experience in a blog or video interview to help us with the impact report.
Are you still interested in this amazing FREE opportunity to become part of The Emerging Kind global Peer network?
Please email me (Katie) at:firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement to say why you feel you are the right person to join the Emerging Kind team of Peers, and I will email further details for the application process for training with Elizabeth as the first step.
With huge gratitude to The Missing Kind team from the Emerging Proud community; united we are stronger to create a better world ❤